Come out to our second event in 2019 on March 13 from 12-1:20pm!
WHO is this for?
- If you are new to R & are short-budgeted on time!
- If you’d like to start working with data in R without learning all the programming details first!!
- If you have a neat data set you’d like to explore and visualize!
- If you are a current R user but only familiar w/ base R!
- If you are unfamiliar with pipes
- If you have heard of tidyverse/dplyr/tidyr/tibble/ggplot but haven’t had the chance to get started!
If any/all of this is true, this event might be for you!
WHAT we are planning!
- basics of tidyverse & ’tidy data’
- reshaping data with tidyr: gather, spread, separate, unite
- exploring data with dplyr: filter, select, mutate, transmute, arrange, summarise, group_by
- how tidy data talks to ggplot
- a quick summary of ggplot2
- finally, publication quality figures with R!
- 12:00–12:15 Meet & Greet | Set-up
- 12:15–12:25 Who we are | Announcements | What’s next
- 12:25–1:10 Workshop: Intro to Tidy Data with R
- 1:10–1:20 Any more Questions? How to reach us to continue this conversation!
Visit our Meetup page for more details and to RSVP.